Today I bring you an interview with my buddy Alex Banayan, a 20-year old VC and author for Crown Publishing (Random House).
- How we landed a VC job at 19 with Alsop Louie Partners and leveraged the power of authenticity to do it.
- The advice that the President of Microsoft gave him
- Details on his new book that he hopes will shape the minds of the next generation
- How he funded the initial book writing process and travel (hint: involves sail boats and Drew Carey)
- An awesome story on how he hustled his way to get a meeting with the CEO of Toms Shoes (and a personal story from yours truly on the “creating serendipity technique”)
- The lesson that his greatest mentor told him
Pardon the half asleep eyes in the intro. I shot it at 6:30am after a 3-day work trip to Vegas : )