Ryan is a stud. I met him 6 weeks ago and could tell immediately that a) he gets it and b) he’s a doer. He was an early employee at GumRoad and dropped out of college to join the team. In their first year, they’ve raised over 8 millions bucks from Silicon Valley’s finest and seen awesome growth in transactions/users.
In this interview we chat about:
- What GumRoad is and how it’s changing the way commerce is done online
- What Business Development at GumRoad means (like doing deals with Enimem, Ellie Goulding and other cool peeps)
- How a little startup can get deals with major record labels and agencies
- Some insight into “The Neighborhood Tactic” – a personal fav
- How he convinced Sahil, GumRoad’s founder who was Pinterest’s first developer to hire him even though he was a college kid with limited experience. Note he used the Proof Approach!
- The biggest lessons he’s learned about company building and business development
This is good stuff you don’t want to miss out on so tune in below.[leadplayer_vid id="516C05C5AEFCA"]
If you haven’t checked out GumRoad yet, I highly encourage you to head on over. I’m going to start selling mi loot with it soon : ) Tell your friends who create any type of digital product to take a gander too.
Do you know a youngish badass whose story or life you’re curious about? Let me know in the comments and I’ll see if I can cajole them to have a fireside chat with me over orange soda. J.K. I’m all about sparkling water.