Ryan is a stud. I met him 6 weeks ago and could tell immediately that a) he gets it and b) he’s a doer. He was an early employee at GumRoad and dropped out of college to join the team. In their first year, they’ve raised over 8 millions bucks from Silicon Valley’s finest and seen awesome growth in transactions/users.
In this interview we chat about:
- What GumRoad is and how it’s changing the way commerce is done online
- What Business Development at GumRoad means (like doing deals with Enimem, Ellie Goulding and other cool peeps)
- How a little startup can get deals with major record labels and agencies
- Some insight into “The Neighborhood Tactic” – a personal fav
- How he convinced Sahil, GumRoad’s founder who was Pinterest’s first developer to hire him even though he was a college kid with limited experience. Note he used the Proof Approach!
- The biggest lessons he’s learned about company building and business development
This is good stuff you don’t want to miss out on so tune in below.
If you haven’t checked out GumRoad yet, I highly encourage you to head on over. I’m going to start selling mi loot with it soon : ) Tell your friends who create any type of digital product to take a gander too.
Do you know a youngish badass whose story or life you’re curious about? Let me know in the comments and I’ll see if I can cajole them to have a fireside chat with me over orange soda. J.K. I’m all about sparkling water.