Today’s episode is a little something something I’ve never seen done on a podcast before.
In my experience one of the best ways I’ve found to learn new things and implement them is to get access to case studies of people who are trying to accomplish the same things I am.
Today I wanted to experiment with a live case study on the podcast by inviting one of our listeners on the show to get real-time advice from a world class expert.
Our first guest is Daniel Arzguara the founder of Biznobo, a social marketing platform that helps businesses connect with new customers. Daniel is in the nascent stages of bootstrapping this business and is trying to figure out the best way to get his first customers as well as manage the zillion different things he could be spending time on as a 2 man operation.
To advise him through the process, I’ve brought on my buddy Spencer Fry. Beyond being an awesome guy, Spencer is a great entrepreneur whose boostrapped multiple companies to profitability including Carbonmade and Uncover, after selling his first company Typefrag.
This conversation dives into some really tough questions like how to start charging, where to get your first customer, and what you should be focused on at certain milestones of an early business. It’s a goodie, especially for early entrepreneurs.
Tune in below:
What You’ll Learn By Listening
- The best time to start charging for a new product or service
- How to convert beta testers into paying customers
- The benefits of doing a free trial vs. charging right away and how to think about this for your business
- Great places to start looking for your first customers
- How to use social media for lead generation
- Thoughts on inbound vs. outbound customer acquisition
- Some initial cold outreach tactics
- The action plan Daniel is going to take away from this conversation to begin getting revenue -> resources
Listen to the episode here:
Don’t miss out on all the strategies we’ll be sharing in the future. Subscribe below to get access to future episodes.
Mindshare segment at the end:
Links & Resources Mentioned:
Questions On This Podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below:
Don’t Forget to Leave a Ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.