Below are some things that usually make us scared or nervous that we can do to develop capacity and life momentum (For Daily Question 3)
**Note if you’re having some trouble finding one see the Threshold Builders below
- Email someone we look up to and tell them how they’ve influenced us
- Ask a friend or colleague for help on something we could use guidance on
- Reconnect with someone from your past who you’ve thought about recently…even just say hi
- Tell someone you’re friends with how awesome they are either in person, phone, or email that you don’t normally do
- Ask for a raise or some additional benefit at your job
- Get peace by getting something off your chest with someone you’ve been holding back for awhile
- Buy someone an unexpected gift that you care about or look up to
- Ask someone else to promote or support something that is important to you
- Write out 3 things you haven’t told anyone. Pick one thing and tell that to one person.
- Commit to talking to a stranger in a public place
If you are still having trouble to coming up with doing something use a “threshold builder” prompt to create a scenario that provides greater clarity to a way you can push your comfort zone.
*I will demonstrate this with a personal example.
Threshold builder statement = In my perfect world, I’d have these 4 people in my network…
- Richard Branson
- Mark Cuban
- Elon Musk
- Tim Ferriss
Know I can use this answer to create a small action step that falls within the guise of a threshold challenge.
Threshold Builder Development + Examples
Describe an element of your perfect world and then pick an action that gets you closer to achieving that.
In a perfect world I would…
- Be better friends with these people
- Have more responsibility at my job
- Live in a nicer apartment
- Have traveled to X place
- Be able to do X physical task
- Know the answer to this question I keep wondering
- Have created XYZ
- Have written about
- Have met this person
Once you have one of these, use the threshold challenges above to brainstorm ideas for actions that are comfort zone stretches.
From my example, maybe I could send Richard Branson a tweet telling him I admire him or Tim Ferriss a cold email. You get the picture