If you’re not living in a hole, you’ve probably heard about the Paleo movement…or maybe you’ve just been wondering who all these guys that look like the actors in Geico commercial wearing crossfit shirts are…
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, that is cool too because today’s show is the Paleo episode.
John first got on my radar when I was working out of the co-working space General Assembly in NYC.
Everyday I’d see this guy with an epic beard and long hair just standing there either reading or writing while we all pounded away at our keyboards.
I soon got to know John and I think after the first time we chatted he invited me to grab some venison steaks with him for lunch. I’m a dork so I thought this was really cool and since first connecting then, I’ve developed an appreciation for his work and general philosophies on leading a thriving and prosperous lifestyle.
Today we’ll unpack Paleo, Crossfit, intentional habitat construction, and a whole lot more on how we can think about building a lifestyle that enhances our performance and emotional well-being.
When I first heard about all this paleo stuff I thought it was just a fad, until I started implementing lifestyle changes myself and began to see fantastic results.
I felt bette and was performing at a higher level. All good things and this episode will give you a ton of great information on how to achieve this.
What You’ll Learn By Listening
- What the heck Paleo actually is?
- Why we should queue many of our habits and behaviors off of human evolutions
- The concept of intentional habitat construction and why it is so important for making any type of change
- What crossfit is all about and why you’re life might just one depend thank you for it
- John’s personal story evolving into a modern day Caveman
- These crazy things called micro-biomes and how they affect your immunity to disease
- A whole lot more dorky health and bio-hacking stuff
For more on John check out his Book: The Paleo Manifesto: Ancient Wisdom for Lifelong Health , Blog HunterGather.com, and Twitter @JohnDurant.
Questions On This John Durant interview?
Leave your questions and responses to this John Durant interview in the comments section below:
Don’t Forget to Leave a Rating in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.