One of my duties at the first tech startup I was ever involved with was trying to find ways to get press for the company.
I heard about the really cool service called Help A Reporter Out (HARO) where journalists would share the topic they were looking to get sources for and people could volunteer their expertise as credible sources. It was a spectacular service and I remember thinking that whoever invented this was a genius!
Today’s guest is that man behind HARO Peter Shankman. Peter has done a lot since then and really become a preeminent expert on customer service, marketing, culture and social media.
He has some phenomanl books and today we are going to dive into some major themes from his new book Zombie Loyalists: Using Great Service to Create Rabid Fans.
As consumers, it seems like there is more and more noise out there…which makes us rely on the recommendations of people we know heavier and heavier when it comes to making a purchasing decision. This is a huge reason why companies need to focus on great service to activate WOM to be successful in the future!
We’ll touch upon this and a lot of different things from company culture to the concept of Good Karma emails and marketing strategies. I walked away with a few new ideas and hopefully after the next 30 minutes you will too!
What You’ll Learn By Listening
- How to turn customers into Rabid fans
- Why being nice actually makes you more profitable
- How creating Rabid fans actually starts with company culture in many instances
- The concept of “Good Karma” emails and how to begin implementing them
- How you can turn normal activites into events in order to garner press
- Examples of how companies like Morton’s, The Ritz Carlton, and TDBank are doing things a little bit better to win customers
Questions On This Peter Shankman interview?
Leave your questions and responses to this Peter Shankman Interview in the comments section below:
Don’t Forget to Leave a Rating in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.