A few weeks ago I was at an entrepreneur dinner in San Diego that my friend Jason Gaignard who runs mastermind talks threw.
It was a collection of amazing people and where I met today’s guest Stephan Aarstol.
Once I found out that Stephan’s company Tower Paddle Boards was the fastest growing company in San Diego and named one of the top 10 companies to ever be on Shark Tank I knew I needed to have him on the show. It didn’t hurt that I love paddle boarding and was curious how to start a surfing company.
Today Stephan is going to share how we went from a dude with limited to no surfing experience to starting one of the most thriving companies in the industry. He shares his process for starting Tower paddle boards as a behind the scenes look at what really happens when you get on shark tank.
I definitely learned a few new things and this conversation is jam packed with a ton of ideas I’ve never heard before. Let’s dive in with Stephan Aarstol.
What You’ll Learn By Listening
- How Stephan started Tower Paddle Boards
- His business selection criteria and why entrepreneurs should be patient
- A framework for disrupting existing ecommerce verticals that Stephan used
- A behind the scenes look at the shark tank experience
- Where investors like Mark Cuban add value to your company and what it’s like to actually work with him
- The insanely smart strategy that Stephan used to create value for his company in an expected place after being on Shark Tank
- A primer on going from manufacturing abroad to starting your own manufacturing facility here in the United States
Questions On This Stephan Aarstol Interview?
Leave your questions and responses to this Stephan Aarstol interview in the comments section below:
Don’t Forget to Leave a Rating in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.